Entry Rules - 7 of Them:
- Expositional Essay Rules (i.e., organization, content, etc.)
- Sit in the same row as your team members (LIONS, TIGERS, BEARS, OH MYS).
- ONE CAPTAIN FROM EACH TIME: Receive E-MAILS from your other TEAM members. In your e-mail, include your name and e-mail address.
- Example: Paul Mauel - email@example.com
- SEND e-mails to CAPTAINS
- CAPTAINS, SEND E-MAIL TO ME AND YOUR TEAMMATES with EVERYONE'S email in the Subject: line of your email.
- Turn off your computers and take out your log-books.
- YOU choose the topic from your Writing Territories.
- Create an Entry in your TOC/Assignment Page: Pre-Write for Essay Contest.
- PRE-WRITE: Generate 2-3 CDs and (CMS on those CDs) per body paragraph (See example).
- Get Stamped. That stamp is permission to turn on your computer.
- Pre-Write is to be done and stamped in your Logbook before you can begin typing.
- Once your pre-write is stamped, you will be assigned a contest number. Keep your contest number a secret!!
- wRiTInG THE ESSAY: You must use at least two metaphors and two similes - otherwise, you will be disqualified
- Writing Contest Entries shall be due March 12th (typed, double-spaced and stapled), 2009 at 2:15pm with FOUR THINGS IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER [of your header]: 1) YOUR CONTEST NUMBER (not name), 2) period number, 3) date, and 4) team name.
- LAST 10 MINUTES: PRIVACY SETTINGS DISCUSSION FOR CONTEST. Everyone go to Dashboard/Settings/Permissions. Only People I Choose, Copy and Paste Your Teammates's email addresses + your parent's + Mr. Mauel's (firstname.lastname@example.org) into your allowed list. THEN, go to Dashboard/Edit My Profile (no last names, no ages, no mention of Tahoma or Maple Valley). Watch pictures!
- Everyone will post their Essays (along with a symbolic image) to their blogs once Top Ten finishers have been recognized.
- ENTRIES ARE DUE, TYPED, DOUBLE SPACED, WITH HEADER OF FOUR THINGS, ON MARCH 12th, 2009 at 2:15pm. GOOD LUCK!!